Entering and submitting a claim for a cash expense.
You can enter Expenses for approval for payment or reimbursement.
Expenses can be entered via your desktop or mobile app.
One expense should be entered per expense receipt, although one expense could have multiple line items if you need to code separate items on the receipt separately, e.g. to different Cost codes or different General ledger codes.
What Expenses to Enter manually
You can enter claimable business expenses that you make from your personal credit card or pay by cash. Expenses from your company credit card will be imported on that statement, so do not need to be entered manually.
You must have your User details set up in the system to enable you to enter expenses. Please refer to your administrator to have this set up for you.
Enter an Expense via Desktop
Create a new expense
- Go to Expenses > Unsubmitted.
- Click New receipt.
Enter your expense details:
- Expense Card: This will default to the logged in User. You can select a different Expense card if you are entering a claim for someone else.
- Merchant: This will be imported with the statement data.
- Description: Enter a description for this expense.
- Expense Type: Select from the dropdown list.
- Amount: Enter the total amount for this expense. If you have several lines to enter, all lines must add up to this total.
- Transaction date: Enter the date of the transaction.
- Statement date: This will be imported with the statement data.
- Multiline: Check this field if you have more than one line of expense items to enter. If you have only one line to enter, leave this field blank and refer to Single line expense below.
- Attach receipt: In the box on the top right of the screen, you can drag or click to browse to attach a receipt for this expense.
Add lines for the details of the expense
When you have ticked Multiline, you must add at least one line to complete the expense. If there are multiple items for this claim that you want to code separately, you can enter a line for each item.
If you have only one line to enter, you can enter this in the top part of the screen instead of in the line detail screen. Refer to Single line expense below.
All the lines you enter must add up to the total that you entered in the first screen.
- Branch: Select the Branch for this expense line item.
- Project: Select the Project for this expense line item.
- Cost code: Select the Cost code for this line item. If you have a code in the field, you can look up details of this code by clicking the Eye icon, or you may add a new code by clicking the + Plus icon.
- General Ledger Account: Select the General ledger code for this expense line item.
- Amount: Enter the gross amount (including GST) for this expense line item. If you have multiple lines, enter the total amount for this line.
- Tax: The Tax code (for GST) will default from the general ledger setup, or you can select a code from the dropdown list.
- Click Save, or Save & Next to save this line.
You may filter any lines by typing in the white field below the blue header bar.
Single line expense
Where you have only one expense line, you may leave the Multiline field blank, and enter the details in the top part of the screen.
- Click Save & Close, or Save & Next.
On the first screen, you can view all your expenses, and their Status.
- Needs More Detail: The expense is incomplete. Double click on that expense to edit it to complete details for any missing coding, or to add lines or to attach a receipt.
- Ready to be Submitted: The expense is complete and ready to be submitted for approval.
When an expense is marked as Ready to be Submitted, you can select the expense line and click Submit to submit it for approval.
Enter an Expense via Mobile App
To read how to enter an expense on the Lentune Mobile app, click Enter an Expense Claim in the Lentune Mobile App
Was this helpful? If you require further assistance, or would like to contact us about this article, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you. Your feedback is appreciated.
Last updated: 11 July 2022