This routine allows you to easily setup a range of pricing agreements for a new Receivables Customer, by copying pricing agreements from another similar customer.
The export and import routines allow you to take the Receivable contracts from one Receivable account (customer) and copy them to another Receivables account (customer). This can be useful when you have a new Receivables account and you wish to add Receivable contracts for them.
Export Receivable contracts from an existing Receivable account
- Go to Receivables > Receivable Contracts.
This will display all the Receivable contracts across the whole organization.
- Go to Import and / or Export Contracts.
This brings up the Import / Export Receivable Contract Details screen.
- Go to the Export section.
- Select a Receivable account customer to export from.
- Click Export receivable contracts to file.
This will create a file called ReceivableContract-nnn.xlxs in your downloads folder.
- Locate and open the file, then in excel, click Enable editing.
Now you can amend the file to change two columns to refer to the new customer.
a. Amend the Contract Ref column to remove any references for the originating customer. You can leave this column blank unless you have data to enter.
b. Amend the Receivable Account Code column to be the customer code for the new customer.
- Save your changes.
Next we want to import this data to the new Receivable account customer.
Import Receivable contracts to the new Receivables account
- Go back to the Import / Export Receivable Contract Details screen.
- In the Import section on the top left of the screen, drag the file you want to import into the Drag file here box or click on the box to browse for and locate your file.
- Click Upload receivable contract from file.
Now the new Receivable account customer will have these imported pricing agreements.
Was this helpful? If you require further assistance, or would like to contact us about this article, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you. Your feedback is appreciated.
Last updated: 28 April 2022.