Setting up a regional reporting branch that allows you to report sales in a wider area, while maintaining and distributing stock from a central branch location.
You can set up a logical branch that enables you to report sales over a wider regional area, while all stock is held and distributed from a centrally located Branch. The Branch where the stock is held is the Branch that is checked for stock availability when you add a Sales order.
To manage this situation, you can set up a logical branch that you can use to report sales, e.g. All South Island.
Then, in this Branch, you can set the Sales order posting branch to the Branch where the stock is actually held, e.g. Christchurch.
When you create a Sales order using the logical branch, this directs the system to check availability of Stock on hand at the Branch were the stock is held, e.g. Christchurch, and also allows you to report sales by the regional Branch, e.g. All South Island.
Your customers (Receivable accounts) will be set to belong to the correct actual Branch where they reside, allowing you to report by their Branch area if required.
Branch Setup for a logical branch
To set up your logical (regional reporting) branch:
- Go to Settings > Branches.
- Add a new branch with the logical code in the Code and Description fields, e.g. All South Island.
- In the Sales order posting branch field, enter the Branch code for the actual branch where the stock is located, e.g. Christchurch.
- Complete other fields as required.
- Click Save and close.
Sales order using the logical branch
To create your Sales order using the logical branch:
- Go to Sales > Sales orders.
- Click Add new sales order.
- Enter the Client (receivable account)
- Enter the logical branch code in the Branch field, e.g. All South Island.
- Continue your Sales order as normal.
The system can now check the Branch where the stock is held for stock on hand, and warn you if there is not enough stock available.
Was this helpful? If you require further assistance, or would like to contact us about this article, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you. Your feedback is appreciated.
Last updated: 12 May 2022.