The Should Order function allows the system to suggest to you what stock is running low and what might need to be re-ordered.
When stock is running low, Lentune can recommend what may need to be re-ordered. As this is a recommendation, it still requires user input. You know your branch best and there may be legitimate reasons why you may not want to re-order certain items that have been suggested.
Usually, the Should Order would be run for all Suppliers at the start of a new month to ensure that you have sufficient stock on hand for the month.
This routine may be run, for example, by Counter staff, Point of Sale staff or Branch staff.
The Should Order routine can be run for all or selected Suppliers from the Sales module, or for a selected Supplier from the Purchase Order module. If you have an existing Purchase Order, you can add additional items to it if required.
Refer to Managing Stock on Hand, Overstocked and Should Order numbers to read about setting the months for stock coverage.
To run the Should Order from the Sales module:
- Go to Sales > Should Order.
- Select your Branch from the dropdown list. You must select a branch.
- If you need more specific search criteria, click Advanced Search to enter Bin details.
- Click Search.
The system checks what stock may be required, and shows the number on hand, number on order already, the sales volume for the last 3 months, how many months the stock on hand is expected to cover, the pack size (where applicable), and a should order column which shows the number required to bring your stock number to an optimal level.
- For each item, click the Edit icon in the Should Order column, and enter the number you wish to order. This may be more or less than the number displayed in the Should Order column. If you do not add a number, then that item will not be ordered.
- Press Enter to move to the next line.
- Click Order Selected Goods.
This will now create a Purchase Order for each Supplier you wish to order goods from, and takes you to the Purchase Order module.
- Open each Purchase Order, check the details, edit anything necessary and click Save and Close.
This will bring up the Send purchase order window.
- Check the details and click Send.
This will send that Purchase Order to the Supplier in the format specified for that Supplier.
Repeat for all Suppliers that have had a Purchase Order created.
To run the Should Order for one Supplier from an existing Purchase Order
If you have an existing Purchase Order for a Supplier, you can run the Should Order from the Purchase Order screen to see if there are other items that should be ordered from that Supplier at the same time.
- Go to Payables > Purchase Order.
- Open an existing Purchase Order.
- Click on the Actions tab.
- Click Should Order Items.
This will bring up the Should Order screen, where you can enter the number to order for any further items.
- Enter the number to order for each item
- Click Save.
This will bring up a Confirm Order screen.
If an item has already been ordered, this will show a message in the Confirm Order screen.
- Click Yes to confirm or No to go back to the Should Order screen to edit these numbers.
Note: the system will recalculate these numbers overnight as a scheduled task. If stock numbers have changed during the day, you can force a recalculate.
To recalculate the numbers for the Should Order:
- Click Force recalculate.
This will update the Should Order screen to account for the items already on order.
Now you can continue and enter the number of items to order.
To add the new items to the existing Purchase Order.
- Click Add.
This will take you back to the Purchase Order screen.
- Click Save, or Save and Close.
This will take you to the Send Purchase Order screen.
- Click Send to send this Purchase Order.
Was this helpful? If you require further assistance, or would like to contact us about this article, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you. Your feedback is appreciated.
Last updated: 17 March 2022.